Sign Up for Utility Service
- An application for utilities must be completed, this includes providing a copy of your drivers license and closing disclosure statement on your home purchase.
- A $100 security deposit is required for all new sign-ups. This deposit is refunded through a utility bill credit when utility bills have been paid on time for 12 consecutive months.
Terminate Your Service
When you move out of the city, you will be required to complete a disconnect form. Be prepared to report what day you will be leaving and provide a forwarding address. This form must be returned to the utility department before the utility account can be closed.
Utility bills are mailed the first week of each month and are due by the 25th of each month. They are considered past due and subject to a $20.00 late fee if not paid by the 5th of the following month.
- Payments can be made through our online clearing house - Xpressbillpay.com This allows you to setup monthly payments on the date of your choice.
- Sign up for Electronic Funds Transfer. You will need to filll out the Electronic Funds Tranfser Form and attached a voided check. You can drop off the form and voided check at City Hall. Funds are withdrawn from bank accounts on the 20th day of each month.
- Payment drop off box located at City Hall on 1900 South Street next to the USPS mail box.
- Pay in person at City Hall located at 1979 West 1900 South, Syracuse.
- Call City Hall at 801-825-1477 option 2 and pay over the phone with a credit card. We accept Visa or Mastercard.
Other Utility Company Phone Numbers
- Dominion Energy: 800-323-5517
- Pacificorp - 888-221-7070
- Blue Stakes Phone: 811
- Century Link Phone: 800-244-1111
- Comcast Phone: 801-444-4824
- Rise Broadband : 801-411-7473